Hello! We're looking for staff currently come apply at https://forms.gle/vgSSxcRoypKfwaoQ8

Machiko#8008

The Unsung | 3d | Racism | Machiko

spacer.png

spacer.png

We all know what tiananmen square is and the history behind it and the good ole "You cant say it the chinese will be disconnected" if you keep on with the indirect racism you will get caught with a perma.

I would like to start by asking how this qualifies as even indirect Racism. By most accounts, racism is the action of using a persons race to segregate, discriminate, or otherwise put down. 

Referencing an event that the super hardcore communist dictatorship censorship-state doesn't want you to know about would not be racism under this understanding of the term. It is a long held and long running joke in the internet community that saying the phrase " Tienanmen square 1989" will disconnect players from china. In that case you might want to start banning anyone who says anything derogatory about anyone's nationality as thats what happened here. Im not an admin, but in my understanding rule #1 is there to prevent people from dropping slurs in chat, not making an innocent joke directed towards not the players, but towards one of the most hated governments in the world. 

And a continuation as I think of more things to say. 

Did my statements have any impact on any players of this server? As far as I can tell, no. Not once did I see one of the Chinese get disconnected from the server.

Also, my statement was make out of a mild annoyance of all the crashes going on. Some were due to the update, but as earlier today showed, a fair number were also due to a group of dupers, who my group suspected to be the Chinese players, not due to them being Chinese, but due to the fact their names and steam accounts were very suspect. No profile set up, only 1/2 fiends, long strings of numbers in their names. That all screams alt account used for hacking/glitching/duping.

Yes, saying what I said was morally meh. Not the made out of the best intentions. But it was also not made to belittle these players. It was made out of innocent fun. It had no intent to harm, did not harm, and isn't harmful to anyone but the communist Chinese government.

Another thing I just saw,

Another player banned for rule #1, for something specifically stated in the rule. First offence as well. Only banned for one day. Were Gus and I were hit with a 3 day ban on our first offences as well for the exact same rule for something that is imo a far reach of the rule. A simple warning or 1 day ban would have sufficed. A three day ban is a bit excessive punishment.

To make a statement. As the chinese are our players. They are apart of our community. Someone referring to another player as a "Fa**ot" or *Ni**er" is just normal toxicity. Which will be punished for still. If you attack someones race exactly like the square massacre which was only said to the chinese players because you still assumed that it'd DC them if said or you were just being a racist prick in general and didn't know that then it's no different. You two are banned as a example. Attacking them on the basis of calling them "Duping scumbags" etc etc would've been enough and sufficed. But going as far as to attack them technically on a personal level wont fly. I don't go to much into chinese history nor do i care to but i know the meaning behind it and atleast that you were saying it in a indirectly racist / dickhead type way.

Hopefully this will teach people that yeah you can be toxic ingame. You can shit talk. But keep it in the game. Don't go attacking peoples real world stuff. It's a game and at the end of the day if people can't understand that then personally they deserve a 3 day vacation to sort there life out and remember why we play games. Not to shit on others days. But to have fun.

Oh and to add i'd do the same if the chinese were to bring up 9/11 or any other real world stuff as a way to attack / belittle certain people or to attack them on a personal level is a better way to say that.